Virginia's New Year's Millionaire Raffle!
Virginia’s New Year’s Millionaire Raffle is back this Holiday season and has Virginia’s best odds to become a millionaire. Twenty dollars could get you $1 million! Here’s a chance at starting 2020 with a win!
There will be three new millionaires announced on Jan. 1, 2020. Tickets go on sale Nov. 5. Only 375,000 tickets are available, and you can get them at a Lottery retailer or at one of the Lottery’s Game Machines.
Winners will be announced Jan. 1, 2020 after 2 p.m.
This year’s prizes are:
- Three (3) winners of $1 million
- Five (5) winners of $100,000
- Five hundred (500) winners of $500
How does the Raffle work?
The Lottery sells a limited number of tickets for the Raffle each year. Each ticket is imprinted with a number generated by a computer. Ticket sales begin in early November and continue through Jan. 1 or until all 375,000 tickets have been sold. The winners will be announced on Jan.1, 2020
How do you enter the Raffle?
Buy your ticket from a local retailer during the purchase period for your chance to win. You can find a list of retailers by using our Find a Retailer tool.
Start the new year right!
Dive into the coming year by taking a chance on winning! When you play Virginia's New Year's Millionaire Raffle, you could begin the year with a win! Want to play other Virginia Lottery games whenever you'd like ? You can download the Lottery's mobile app, and register for a MyGameRoom account.
Previous raffle results
Click on the Raffle to open up the complete list of winners. Documents are viewable in Adobe Acrobat. Download a free copy of Acrobat Reader.
- January 1, 2019 (New Year's Raffle)
- January 1, 2018 (New Year's Raffle)
- January 1, 2017 (New Year's Raffle)
- January 1, 2016 (New Year's Raffle)
- January 1, 2015 (New Year's Raffle)
- January 1, 2014 (New Year's Raffle)
- January 1, 2013 (New Year's Raffle)
- January 1, 2012 (New Year's Raffle)
- January 1, 2011 (New Year's Raffle)
- January 1, 2010 (New Year's Raffle)
- December 31, 2008 (New Year's Raffle)
- September 20, 2008 (20th Birthday Raffle)
- December 31, 2007 (New Year's Raffle)
- June 14, 2007 (First Millionaire Raffle)
Need more info? Here are the official rules for New Year's Millionaire Raffle!
The Virginia Lottery supports K-12 public schools
Every time you play the Virginia Lottery, kids across the commonwealth are the real winners. All Lottery profits go to the K-12 public schools in Virginia. In Fiscal Year 2019, the Lottery generated nearly $650 million for K-12 public schools.